Friday, January 6, 2012

Almost in the ER....again.

Yesterday was not good. I had been on my inhaler the previous day and I remember taking it before bed and at around 2:30 in the morning. While managing the house and cleaning the girls room in the morning, I kept feeling tightness in my chest and finally decided I should make that appointment to my allergy/asthma doctor that I hadn't seen in over two years. Well wouldn't you know, as soon as I made that appointment for the following day, I went into a full blown asthma attack. Like, a scary one. I was fumbling around the house trying to find my inhaler while standing still every few minutes, with my hands on my knees, trying desperately to suck in air. I...could...not...breathe!!! I couldn't muster the energy to keep looking for my inhaler and was starting to panic. I had a house full of kids, I wasn't in any condition to drive, and I honestly didn't know what to do. I do not like emergency rooms, because they empty your wallet and I knew I just needed something to open  up my airways. If I couldn just find that dang inhaler! I finally called Miguel in desperation, and I started to cry, which really made it worse. I couldn't even talk.

He ended up calling a neighbor to come over and check on me, as well as his parents. They kept telling to sit down and rest and that I needed to go to the ER. I took some Benadryll hoping that would help, but to no luck and eventually I conceeded to going to the Instacare first to see if  they could help. Luckily, because my throat wasn't shutting down, they could treat me and gave me a breathing treatment, which felt like they gave me my life back, and put me on some steroids for a week. I'm about to go to the previously mentioned appointment to see if we can get this under control.

I haven't been scared about my breathing in a long time, and I hope it doesn't happen again any time soon. So grateful for the good people who came to my rescue yesterday.

1 comment:

Amy P said...

That's scary lindsay, glad you're okay!