Sunday, September 28, 2008
Stick a Sock in it
So the other day I was in Target and I was checking out when the cashier decided to get personal. I had Julianne and Sophia with me in the shopping cart. She looks at Julianne in her carseat and says that she's cute and then asks, "how old is HE." Uh, she has earrings lady. O.k. that's not that big of a deal, but here comes the big one. She looks at Sophia and then asks me, "Is your husband like Korean?" I about died laughing inside. Miguel and I make jokes all the time that he looks like he is from India and I know Sophia has a slight slant to her eyes, but you've got some guts to be that specific. Korean, now come on. I wouldn't dare ask that kind of question. Maybe "is your husband ethnic?" or something. Maybe Sophia should be Mulan for Halloween afterall. It actually makes me chuckle everytime I think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOW! The poor lady would have gotten an 'eyebrow raise' if she would have said that to mom! I can relate to the lady about mistaking a baby for a boy. I have done that to customers at work,and I just want to crawl under the table their sitting at and die!! I don't have kids so I can't really determine the sex of a baby that easily...lol! I just stick to 'taking orders'now, so she should probably stick to 'ringing up the food'!!
ohh whatever!!!! she is jealous her kids aren't as beautiful!!! I think your girls are perfect and korean......??? really??? come on now!!! that woman has NEVER been around ethnic people....obviously!!!!! hahaha I ♥ yall!!!
People say the strangest things, don't they?
Post a Comment