Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm a True Blue

No I'm not talking about BYU blue this time. I'm talking about the personality colors. There are reds, blues, whites, and yellows. I'm the A typical Blue, Oldest Child personality. If you want to know how I function, just pick one of those books. Blues are emotional and all the decisions we make are based on feelings. One of the other major characteristics of Blues are that they are extremely loyal. I'm learning that this could be a down fall in my life. I'm extremely loyal to many things, i.e. brands, friends, doctors, hospitals. You get the idea. I don't like to switch it up for fear of betrayal. Like somehow I'm going to hurt my doctors' feelings if I switch to a new one. Crazy I know!

So all this is leading to a point. Looking ahead to when I have another child, I don't know if I should change doctors? I've delivered all my kids at American Fork Hospital and my doctors are across the street. This was extremely convienent when I lived just three minutes away, but now that I'm in Provo...not so much. I'm so afraid to switch. I like my doctors. Maybe it's because I'm going under the knife with c-sections, and feel like I'm branded in a way. Doctors shouldn't mess with other doctors' work. I think I would like to deliver at Orem Community. It would be so much closer for my family and since I'm there for five days, convienence matters a little more. I almost feel like a small child who doesn't do well with change. I know there are other great doctors out there.

So, tell me if I'm crazy! Convince me that you've got the best doctore around! Why do you love your doctor and have you been to others to compare them too?

I need your help!

8 comments:

Handsfullmom said...

Yep, you're crazy, especially when there are such fantastic doctors in the Provo area. =) But I know the feeling. I loved my family practice doctor who delivered Michael and the twins. I about cried when I called for an appointment the next time and he was no longer doing obstetrics. =( But I really love my new doctor!

Kristen said...

You're just as crazy as the rest of us. I hate change. Once I find a doctor I like I don't want to change... ever. Good luck finding a new doctor!

Grace said...

I like all of the Dr.s at Provo OB. Dr. Broberg delivered both Elena and Gracie. Except I don't think they deliver at Orem, they do timpanogos and UVRMC.

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

I love my doctor! And im so like you. I would dread changing! My doctors office's favorite hospital to deliver at is Orem Community and i love it there too. The nurses are great! You are welcome to go to an appointment with me any time if you want to check out there office and Dr's with me. :)

kacy faulconer said...

If you don't feel comfortable changing--don't change. There's a Cafe Rio in American Fork. Miguel can bring you a pork salad every day.

My doctor, George Gourley, is really great. I like him a lot.

Nate said...

No advice on Dr's for ya, but really, you are all blue? I think you have a splash of yellow too. Tell me I'm right. Am I right?

Amy K said...

you know you're making everyone wonder... why ya gotta get another baby doctor decided?

Amy K said...

p.s. I LOVED orem community. It's the best. I couldn't go there for Tyler, and was sad. For anything high risk, you should definitely go Utah Valley.

Many people like Judd in Provo, I liked them as well for Blake.