Saturday, December 19, 2009

I'm Not a Bread Making Virgin anymore!

O.k. so I can't believe I said that, but oh well. It's late and I'm exhausted. I'm a little delirious, but I couldn't go to bed without reporting my big initiation into serious womanhood. I MADE MY FIRST BREAD FROM SCRATCH, BY MYSELF. Well almost. My good friend supported me along the way and was an extra pair of hands when I needed her, but I finally did it. They turned out a little odd shaped, but I think it tasted pretty good. It was yummy cinnamon bread. I got a tutorial from a lady, who used to own a bakery in Georgia, and she showed me the ropes. I feel so accomplished. Like I've connected with women throughout history. I know that's silly, but I'm just being honest. Pretty soon, I'll be slaughtering my own meat, washing my clothes by hand, and using cloth diapers. No way, jose. Just kidding. I do wash all my dishes by hand though.
As a side note, we made a quick visit to Santa this evening as well. I think he was tired and wasn't very annimated. It was kind of a ba humbug experience.

No comments: