Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I haven't vanished.

I've been wanting to blog for a while now, but just haven't had the time. I've been attending education week this week and it has been AMAZING for the most part. Monday started out with a bang as a friend and I went to here Linda and Richard Eyre speak for about four hours. If I had idols or role models right now in my life, they are it. They make me want to have a large family full of fun family traditions, and they make me believe that that's possible. I had to go hear them speak after reading a book Linda and her daughter Shawni wrote entitled, A Mother's Book of Secrets. If you haven't read, you must, and you will love it. I was even able to meet Shawni at the book store and tell her how much I appreciated the things she wrote in her book. I couldn't have been more star struck than if I had met Michelle Obama or Oprah. Lucky for me, she was very nice, and very approachable. I wanted to ask her if I could be an honorary member of her family and attend there reunions with them. I know it sounds looney, but I've been looking for a role model for a while now. Someone who has the same vision as I do, but is a step ahead of me. It's like seeing the life I want 5, 10, 20 years from now and they give me the secrets on how to achieve that. It's thrilling to me. Ok. enough about that.

I've also been learning how to organize my house, I'm excited to get going on that too. I'm only able to go to Education week for an hour here and there, when someone's able to watch my kids, but at least I'm getting something. Thanks to those who have helped me out. I've needed this boost for a while. All in all, things are going good in our household.

No comments: