Don't we look festive! We actually ventured out to the Freedom Festival Parade here in Provo. It was Sophia's first parade and she loved it. She even got so excited about the llamas that she ran out in the middle of the street to see them. Yeah, she stopped the whole parade. Good thing she's so stinkin cute. We all really enjoyed the fighter planes that flew by.
On Thursday morning we got the girls up really early to see the balloons. We got there right as they were taking off, so our trip was really short.



After the parade, all of Miguel's brothers and sisters came to our house with their families for our first annual family campout. Right in our very own backyard. It was perfect and the weather ended up being really nice. Everyone set up tents, played in the pond, built a dam in the river, and eventually floated down the river. Here is Gabriela with her cousins and her two uncles. The river was actually really low, but that didn't stop them.
We cooked dutch oven that night too. It was yummy. If anyone is looking for a good dutch oven recipe website, I've got one. www.papadutch.com We had cheesy chicken and potatoes and of course the classic peach dump cobbler. Here's the little girls. Annabelle, Gabriela, Raquel, Sophia & Elena.

Miguel cooked breakfast the next morning. Omlets, cooked to order.
I had to post this to show Sophia's monkey lips. She makes this face and we think it's so funny.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awesome pictures & it sounded like you guys had some yummy food. I love family get-togethers! Your girls are just so adorable.....I think I always say that (ha ha).
OMG!!!! I LOVE THESE PICTURES!! I WANT TO SEE MY BEAUTIFUL NIECES SOON!!! I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! IT LOOKS LIKE YALL HAD FUN ON THE 4TH!!! LINDSAY I KNOW I HAVE TOLD YOU TIME AND TIME B4 BUT YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY...THE GIRLS ARE DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!!! WELL I LOVE YOU AND HOPEFULLY I CAN COME VISIT SOON...I AM SAD CORTNEY IS COMIN AND I CANT COME WITH HER!!! BUT I LOVE YOU GUYS AND PLEASE TELL EVERYONE I SAID HELLO!!!!! :)
I cannot get over how stinkin awesome your yard is. I love the new look of your blog!
Cute family! We miss you guys! Looks like you had a fun 4th of July!
Post a Comment